Saturday, March 20, 2010

Health Care Cost and Debt Reduction


The Congressional Budget Office just released their figures for Obama's health care reform package. The bill will cost America $940 billion dollars over the next ten years. Yet, this bill is supposed to reduce the deficit of America by $138 billion over the next ten years. However, then student loan package has also been put together with the health care package. That counts for $19 billion of the ten year savings. So the health care savings is really only $119 billion dollars.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Money/Donald-Marron/2010/0320/Hold-on.-Healthcare-reform-will-cost-more-than-1-trillion


My Opinion: Maybe I don't understand this bill. Maybe I just don't get it. However, I don't understand how spending money is supposed to save money. That just doesn't make sense to me. I have never fully agreed with this health care reform bill, and I don't agree with how expensive it is or some of the provisions. I also don't agree with the whole government run thing. Fiscally, I just don't understand how spending money on reform saves us money. I also feel that this bill costs a lot of money and that we are in debt enough as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment